Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Africa is an addiction

Seriously... I don't know how to explain it, but you just can't get enough! I've extended my stay in Uganda for another month, who knows from there... Halle, my U.S. Kimeeza II co-coordinator, is hanging around for another week so once we drop the participants at the airport tomorrow we're going to check into a nice hotel for one night for some re-grouping, non-starch food, laundry, 100 warm showers, toilet seats, and high speed internet, oh the things we take for granted sometimes.

The Kimeeza II was formally closed yesterday and today is our last day together in Kampala. It's been amazing watching the impact of the trip on each participant and the connections made between the Americans and the Ugandans. I'm excited to see what everyone ends up doing after this, I think over half are planning on coming back this summer and volunteering for GYPA and GYPA affiliated programs. This has definitely been a rewarding experience and I'm so grateful I have the opportunity to stay and dive into life here a bit more!

No comments: